Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Asana at Mandarin Oriental Boston

I called Asana at the Mandarin Oriental Boston this afternoon and spoke with Cherry.

After explaining our project and the circumstances, she told me the best person to speak to was Edwina Kluender, the Director of Public Relations for the hotel. I emailed her, and am awaiting a response but I stressed the quickly approaching deadline. Find the email below:


Dear Ms. Kluender,


I hope this email finds you well.

My name is Jahan Sharif and I am currently a student at Northeastern University here in Boston.

For one of my classes we are required to develop a program to address a social issue in Boston. My group chose malnutrition and obesity in underprivileged and low-socioeconomic areas in Boston. While the project is completely theoretical, we must approach it as if we were going to legitimately pursue this. To tackle this issue, we decided to organize classes on how to cook inexpensive, nutritious, and delicious taught by industry leaders to children who live in these communities at Northeastern's On-Campus Exhibition Kitchen.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could help my group with our project by responding to the questions listed below to the best of your ability as soon as possible (deadline is rapidly approaching).

1. What type of community involvement does the Mandarin Oriental, Boston and Asana, currently participate in?
2. What would be necessary for one of your chefs to participate in our program? Legally ? MO Policy restrictions?
3. Do your chefs have ServeSafe certification?
4. What would you like to see in a program like this one?
5. Do you have any general recommendations?

If for any reason you need to contact me, please feel fee to respond to this email or call me on my cellphone listed below. Thank you again for your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,
Jahan

Cherry also suggested I speak with Casper, the restaurant manager, however he would be in a meeting until at least 5 o'clock.

Contact information:

Asana Restaurant at the Mandarin Oriental Boston
617-535-8888 (direct line)
617-535-8800
Cherry- Receptionist
Casper - Restaurant Manager
Edwina Kluender - Director of Public Relations ekluender@mohg.com


Note: I had a little dyslexic moment and put @mogh.com instead of mohg.com so when I called today to find out if she received my email, she was like umm... no. So I resent the email, stressing our short timeline, and she said she "would respond accordingly." Hopefully that means soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment