Monday, November 22, 2010

Restaurants don't like it when you call during lunch :)

So today, I called 5 area hotel restaurants: (1) Mooo... Restaurant at the XV Beacon Hotel, (2) Jer-Ne (pronounced journey) at the Ritz-Carlton Boston Common, (3) Asana at the Mandarin Oriental Boston, (4) The Bristol Lounge at the Four Seasons, and (4) The Dining Room at the Taj-Boston.


Every restaurant I called was receptive to me, or became receptive when I told them it was for a school project and was all theoretical.

Questions I was going to ask:
What type of community involvement do they participate in now?

Would they be interested in participating in a project where the chef would come to NEU's Exhibition Kitchen and teach local children and their parents how to cook quick, inexpensive, tasty, and nutritious food?

What would be necessary for the chefs to participate? (legal stuff)

What would they like to see in this type of program? (aka what advice do they have?)

Mooo... Restaurant XV Beacon:
617-670-7799- Alexa Demarco- General Manager
I spoke with Tatiana Periera her assistant, and she said Alexa would be happy to speak with me however, today was her day off, and I should call her back tomorrow afternoon.

Jer-Ne Ritz-Carlton Boston Common:
617-574-7176
Spoke to the Maitre'd and he said to call back after 2pm (22/11) and ask for Khaleed.

Edit: Left call back information for Khaleed, he returned my call later that afternoon and forwarded me to HR. Spoke with Amanda briefly, and she forwarded me to Andrea Hampton who was unavailable. (Andrea's phone number 617-574-7143).

Asana Mandarin Oriental Boston Common:
617-535-8800
Susanne Hatje- Hotel General Manager (shatje@mogh.com)
Call back after 3pm.

The Bristol Lounge - Four Seasons Boston:
617-338-4400- ask for Michael Mooney
Call back between 3pm and 4pm

The Dining Room - Taj Boston:
617-536-5700
Call back after 4pm



No comments:

Post a Comment